Thursday, December 25, 2008

Attention Winter Drivers!!

So it is Christmas, one of my favorite times of year. I was fortunate enough to have a white Christmas this year. However the snow also brings out the worst in drivers. For some reason people seem to think that the snow is no different from asphalt and will haul ass down the road in their Taurus or similar vehicle. Even worse the same guy who clearly thinks he is Mario Andretti arctic edition feels the need to offer his thoughts on my safe and prudent driving.  Now I am not a 5mph kind of driver but I am also not gonna practice my routine for the automobile stars on ice either.  After totaling my car a mere 3 weeks ago on a sunny and clear 65 degree day (not my fault mind you) I am not gonna take my chances on a dark 22 degree icy road. It just isn't worth it. Not to mention that just a few days ago a man was involved in a fatal accident with a semi because of an icy road way. Even the driver of the semi was listed in critical condition. Some poor family is without their son/brother/husband this Christmas because of ice on the road. So to all of you driving in icy conditions please be safe get home to your loved ones in one piece and help others to do the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment